ATN ARES 4-4 Night Vision Weapon Sight Description
The ATN ARES series is the latest offering in the ATN night vision weapon sight line. The ARES series provide the user with a rugged, easy to use and accurate night vision weapon sight. Fast infra-red sensitive optics coupled with quality image tubes provide high resolution clear images for outstanding target acquisition and aiming capabilities. Rugged, ease of use and accurate are just a few of the features these scopes have to offer. Available with a wide array of Image Intensifier Tube configurations to choose from they set out to satisfy a variety of budgets, requirements and specifications. Designed for optimal performance for both professional and sporting uses the ARES is the next generation of ATN night vision rifle scopes.
From Night Vision Guys:
The ATN ARES series are an easy to use and rugged set of night vision weapon sights that easily mount to any standard weaver rail. The combination of robust casing and high quality image optics make the ATN ARES a very strong choice in weapon sight; they offer a number of different magnification options as well, making them brilliant choices for the night vision user in search of a night vision scope that can be of use in complex and long distance scenarios.
The model that you are looking at is the ATN ARES 4-4, which offers a Generation 4 image intensifier tube with a resolution of 64-72 lp/mm. It also offers 4x optical magnification and the lowest possible signal to noise ratio.
The ATN ARES series all come with Total Darkness Infra Red, so this is a unit that still offers superb functionality even in situations where there is little to no light for you to amplify off of. If you have any concern of being in a situation that is closed or cut off from external light completely, than a model that offers a Total Darkness Infra Red system is an absolute must. The ATN ARES 4-4 (NVWSARS440) also comes with an Infra Red indicator as well as a Low Battery indicator right inside the 7.5 degree Field of View. This makes it easy to know when your battery is running low as well as ensuring you aren’t accidentally wasting valuable battery life with Infra Red on when it is no longer necessary.
The ATN ARES ships with an operation manual, a lens cap, a lens tissue, a packing box, a soft carry case, a warranty card, an IR450-B4, and a 1.5 volt AA battery.
This model ships with a two year warranty.
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen 4 Night Vision
Generation 4 IIT is equivalent to FLAG Filmless Autogated IIT.
Gated/Filmless technology represents the biggest technological breakthrough in image intensification of the past 10 years. By removing the ion barrier film and “Gating” the system Gen 4 demonstrates substantial increases in target detection range and resolution, particularly at extremely low light levels. The use of film less technology and auto-gated power supply in 4th generation image intensifiers result in: Up to 100% improvement in photo response. Superb performance in extremely low light level (better S/N and EBI). At least triple high light level resolution (a minimum of 36 lp/mm compared to 12 lp/mm).
4th GEN. GATED/FILMLESS IIT Autogated / Filmless inverting image intensifier tubes improve night operational effectiveness for users of night vision goggles and other night vision devices. The filmless micro channel plate provides a higher signal-tonoise ratio than standard 3rd Gen. IITs, resulting in better image quality under low-light conditions. An Autogated power supply further improves image resolution under high light conditions and a reduced halo effect that minimizes interference from bright light sources. The reduced Halo maximizes the effectiveness of the Night Vision device in dynamic lighting conditions such as those experienced, for example, in night operations in urban areas.
4th Gen. IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Filmless GaAs
• Resolution from 64 to 72 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio from 25 to 30
• Autogated power Supply
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for ATN ARES 4-4 Night Vision Weapon Sight:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like ATN ARES 4-4 Night Vision Weapon Sight assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Total Darkness IR System||Yes|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||25-30|
|Figure of Merit||2000 Typical|
|MTTF - Mean Time Before Failure||10,000 hours|
|Proshield Lens Coating||Yes|
|Range of Focus||10 yd/m to infinity|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +6|
|Automatic Brightness Control||Yes|
|Bright Light Cut-off||Yes|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Power Supply||1 x 1.5V AA type battery|
|Battery Life||30 hours|
|Operating Temperature||-40°F to +122°F/-40°C to +50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-58°F to +158°F/ -50 to +70 °C|
|Dimensions||9.75” x 3.75” x 3.5" / 244 x 94 x 88 mm|
|Weight||2.5 lbs /1.15 kg|
Questions on ATN ARES 4-4 Night Vision Weapon Sight
No questions asked yet
You may also be interested in
List Price $5,299.00Sale Price $5,199.00
List Price $5,399.00Sale Price $5,299.00
List Price $5,099.00Sale Price $4,999.00
List Price $5,299.00
Regular Price: $4,999.00
Special Price $3,999.00
List Price $5,799.00
Regular Price: $5,499.00
Special Price $4,932.60