Armasight Prometheus C 640 1-8x25 30hz
FLIR Scion OTM 266 640x512 Outdoor Thermal Monocular 1-8x
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Armasight Prometheus C 640 1-8x25 30hz TAT163MN2PROC11
- Rugged, glass fiber reinforced construction
- Tau-2 17μm pitch thermal sensor
- Fast F1:1 front Germanium lens
- 640x480 color LED display
- Easy and intuitive drop-down user interface
- Simple 3-button control
- Polarity control (black hot/ white hot)
- Color & monochrome palettes
- Digital Zoom up to 8x
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Fast time to image ( < 3 sec)
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output/ optional video recorder with onboard replay
- 10 Year Warranty on FLIR core.
Armasight Prometheus C 640 1-8x25 30hz description
Armasight Prometheus-C is the latest and most technologically advanced Thermal Imaging monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets.
The Prometheus-C is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements. The Prometheus-C is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core. The thermal imaging technology allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. The Prometheus-C demonstrates its operational flexibility for all mission applications.
An additional Armasight proprietary hyper-image processing (HIP) code provides the Prometheus-C with a robust library of software features to tailor the image to the optimum standards required by the operator. The nine-pin connector on the Prometheus-C reveals the dynamic nature of this mite-sized powerhouse. Through the multi-pin connector, the operator can record video using the Armasight Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or augment the battery life by attaching to external battery options.
Included Accessories: Packing Box, Soft Carrying Case, Two Lithium Battery CR123A, Lens Tissue, Instruction Manual with Warranty Card, Video Cable
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments, where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that digitally enhances the picture, significantly sharpens edges, and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to the surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC), also known as flat-field correction (FFC). During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus-C models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/ FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC™ (SSN) – In addition to User-Controlled Manual NUC/ FFC, all Prometheus- C models employ a digital, supplemental, non-mechanical flat-field correction that extends periods between mechanical shutter events and further reduces image noise. SSN is an always ON enhancement.
Please note that most thermal devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Thermal devices can produce various types of images. Some are color others are monochrome. In either case change in shade or color indicates temperature differences.
Here is how thermal imaging devices work...
A special lens focuses the infrared light emitted by all of the objects in view.
The focused light is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the detector array.
The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses.
The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display.
The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission. The combination of all the impulses from all of the elements creates the image.
There are a few key Manufacturers when it comes to thermal imaging.
ATN: produce such well knows devies as ThOR-HD thermal scope, BINOX-THD thermal binoculars, and OTS-HD thermal monocular.
FLIR/Armasight: the largest maker of consumer level thermal products is well knows for their full product line. Zeus thermal scopes, Q14 and Scout monoculars, Helios and Scout binoculars and many more.
Pulsar: a very popular brand for digital night vision and thermal imaging. Key products include Pulsar Trail and Apex thermal scopes and Pulsar Helion and Quantum thermal monoculars.
Seek: mobile device mounted thermal cameras are the main products of this brand.
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for Armasight Prometheus C 640 1-8x25 30hz:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like Armasight Prometheus C 640 1-8x25 30hz assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Refresh Rate||30 Hz|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||640×512|
|Pixel Size||17 μm|
|Display Type||LED VGA|
|Pixel Display Format||640×480|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x, 4x and 8x|
White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow,
Ironbow1, Ironbow2, Sepia, Color1, Color2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL / NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/
Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||25 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||25° x 20°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Focusing Range||0.25m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
CR123 Lithium 3V (2) or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with
voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 4 hr (optional up to 7 hrs)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +50°C (-40° to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50° to +70°C (-58° to +158°F)|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant|
|Overall Dimensions||150 × 90 × 52 mm (5.9 × 3.5 × 2.0 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.4 kg (0.88 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR Detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|
Questions on Armasight Prometheus C 640 1-8x25 30hz
Q: What is the optical magnification of this scope? Site says 1× with 25 mm lenses, the Predator with a 25 mm lenses states 1.6× could you check for the true magnification? Seems 25mm should be the same on both scopes. Thank you!
A: Hi Wayne. The numbers are correct, there are differences between a thermal monocular and a scope due to eye relief and other settings.