ATN PS40-CGTI Day/ Night System
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
ATN PS40-CGTI Day/ Night System description
The ATN PS40 series are attachment scopes built to easily connect to a daytime riflescope, quickly and very efficiently while, at the same time, offering an incredible 40 mm eye piece for increased vision ability. These scopes have been specifically designed to be easy and extremely fast to set up, so that you don’t have to worry about fitting your night vision scope when you are on the field. No re zeroing is necessary with these scopes, making it supremely easy and stress free to switch between your daytime riflescope and the ATN PS40. This is just part of what makes the ATN PS40 such a robust series of night vision attachment scopes.
This scope comes with a Quick Release Mount, meaning that it can be removed and replaced with your regular daytime scope in under thirty seconds. This kind of turn around in scope replacement is absolutely necessary for the professional who needs to be able to use his scope all the time and doesn’t want to waste time switching between day and night vision technology. The ATN PS40 is designed to be quick and easy in attachment and detachment, so you can stay focused on more important matters no matter what.
The model you are currently viewing is the ATN PS40-CGTI, which offers a CGTI image intensifier tube and a resolution of 45/54 lp/mm.
It has a Total Darkness Infra Red System as well, meaning that even in tight corners and situations where you do not have any light to amplify, the trusty ATN PS40-CGTI will not leave you high and dry. You will be able to use infra red technology to sustain visibility. This technology is priceless in a night vision scope, especially an attachable one.
The ATN PS40-CGTI also has an f/1.44 lens system. It also brags Automatic Brightness Control as well as a Bright Light Cut Off, these add functionality that make it easy to keep your lens in good condition and make sure that you get a long life out of your night vision attachable scope. The night scope is waterproof, as well.
The ATN PS40-CGTI offers 60 hours of battery life and weighs 1.85 pounds. It can come optionally with a detachable Infra Red Illuminator as well (IR450).
This model ships with a lithium battery, a warranty card, a hard case, a quick release mount (as mentioned above), an operation manual, a remote control unit, and output lens cap, and a light suppressor.
It comes with a two year warranty.
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen CGT Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
The CGT type of Image Intensifier tubes are engineered for significantly enhanced performance over current 2nd generation IITs. The CGT IIT is a Multi-Alkali compact 18mm format MCP Image Intensifier. Highlights of the CGT specifications are typical SNR of 16-22 and resolution of 45-54 lp/mm. CGT IITs are sensitive in a wide spectral band and thus provide good contrast in all scene circumstances.
CGT IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Multi-Alkali
• Resolution from 45 to 54 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio from 16 to 22
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for ATN PS40-CGTI Day/ Night System:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like ATN PS40-CGTI Day/ Night System assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Total Darkness IR System||Yes|
|Photocathode Type||Multi - Alkali|
|Figure of merit||<1250|
|MTTF - Mean Time Before Failure||10,000 hours|
|Lens System||F1:1.44, 80mm|
|Proshield Lens Coating||Yes|
|Exit Pupil||40 mm|
|Range of Focus||10 m to infinity|
|Automatic Brightness Control||Yes|
|Bright Light Cut-off||Yes|
|Infrared Illuminator||Detachable IR450 (optional)|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Power Supply||1 x 1.5V AA type battery or|
1 x 3V CR123A type battery
|Battery Life||60 hours ( 3 V )|
30 hours (1. 5 V )
|Windage & Elewation Adjustment||No|
|Operating Temperature||-20 to +50 ¬∞C|
|Storage Temperature||-50 to +50 ¬∞C|
|Dimensions||177 x 85 x 83 mm|
7.0‚Äù x 3.4‚Äù x 3.3‚Äù
|Weight||0.84 kg / 1.85 lbs|
Questions on ATN PS40-CGTI Day/ Night System
Q: Hi My name is Dario from Croatia and I am interesting about this product and also ATN PS 28 WPTI or ATN PS 28 CGTI If is possible I would like to know for each individual what is detection range of target and what is your sugestion. I use SSG 308 W +Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 Riflescope . Thanks and Best Regards Dario
A: Hi Dario. A lot depends on the day time scope so it is hard to give proper target ranges. Normally for PS28 CGTi I would say up to 150-170 yards. For PS28 WPTi around 200-230 yards. Since with a night vision clipon you have an additional device through which light needs to travel, I would suggest going with the brighter tube which is WPTi. In terms of PS40 vs PS28, I would go with PS28 for your specific scope. Also PS40 is being discontinued so PS28 is a more recent and supported product.