ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular
- US Military design
- Multi Purpose Unit
- Hand held monocular
- Hands-free goggle (optional helmet mount)
- Mil Spec Headgear
- Limited Two-Year Warranty
ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular description
ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular
The ATN PVS14 is a powerful series of night vision monoculars; quality, rugged design, and a lightweight ergonomic feel are all features of this series that make them invaluable on the field, whether you are an outdoorsman looking for high quality technology for your hobby or a professional law enforcement agent in need of a strong night vision device that you know you can rely on.
This night vision device can be easily handheld for when you want extra flexibility in angle, but it is also able to be head mounted or helmet mounted so you can drive, climb, and move around with a handsfree device. It is this kind of flexibility in design that makes the lightweight PVS14 a great piece of equipment.
The model that you are currently viewing is the ATN PVS14-4, which offers a high powered Generation 4 autogated filmless image intensifier tube with a resolution of 64 lp/mm. This night vision monocular is a great choice for both professionals and amateurs.
This powerful ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular also comes standard with a Total Darkness Infra Red system, meaning that even if you are in a completely dark situation with zero light available for standard amplification, the IR system will give you the visibility that you need. This night vision monocular also offers Automatic Brightness Control and Bright Light Shut Off; these additional features are designed to intuitively adjust the monocular based on the amount of light that is existing in the scenario. This way too much light won’t be amplified, which could potentially lead to lens damage.
It also has a 50 hour battery life and an Environmental Rating of Waterproof.
The ATN PVS-4 ships with an operation manual, a lens tissue, a soft carrying case, a warranty card, a neck cord, a packing box, a lens cap, 1.5 volt AA battery, a demist shield, a head mount assembly, and a sacrificial filter.
The ATN PVS14 has a two year warranty.
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen 4 Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Generation 4 IIT is equivalent to FLAG Filmless Autogated IIT.
Gated/Filmless technology represents the biggest technological breakthrough in image intensification of the past 10 years. By removing the ion barrier film and “Gating” the system Gen 4 demonstrates substantial increases in target detection range and resolution, particularly at extremely low light levels. The use of film less technology and auto-gated power supply in 4th generation image intensifiers result in: Up to 100% improvement in photo response. Superb performance in extremely low light level (better S/N and EBI). At least triple high light level resolution (a minimum of 36 lp/mm compared to 12 lp/mm).
4th GEN. GATED/FILMLESS IIT Autogated / Filmless inverting image intensifier tubes improve night operational effectiveness for users of night vision goggles and other night vision devices. The filmless micro channel plate provides a higher signal-tonoise ratio than standard 3rd Gen. IITs, resulting in better image quality under low-light conditions. An Autogated power supply further improves image resolution under high light conditions and a reduced halo effect that minimizes interference from bright light sources. The reduced Halo maximizes the effectiveness of the Night Vision device in dynamic lighting conditions such as those experienced, for example, in night operations in urban areas.
4th Gen. IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Filmless GaAs
• Resolution from 64 to 72 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio from 25 to 30
• Autogated power Supply
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Total Darkness IR System||Yes|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||24 Typical|
|Figure of Merit||1600 Typical|
|MTTF - Mean Time Before Failure||10,000 hours|
|Lens System||F1.2, 26 mm|
|Proshield Lens Coating||Yes|
|Range of Focus||0.25 m to infinity|
|Diopter Adjustment||-5 to +2|
|Automatic Brightness Control||Yes|
|Bright Light Cut-off||Yes|
|Automatic Shut-off System||Yes|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Power Supply||(1) 1.5 Volt AA size|
|Battery Life||50 hrs|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to +50 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-50 to +70 °C|
|Weight||0.3 kg / 0.68 lbs|
Questions on ATN PVS14-4 Night Vision Monocular
No questions asked yet