ATN PVS7-3 Night Vision Goggles
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Multi-purpose: Handheld, head-mounted, helmet-mounted
Equipped with momentary or continuous IR switch
Internal low battery and IR indicators
Limited Two-Year Warranty
ATN PVS7-3 Night Vision Goggles description
The ATN PVS7-3, which is the same night vision goggle as is denoted by US Army as AN/PVS-7, is a fully functional and lightweight set of night vision goggles, that is as rugged and durable as it is easy to carry. With a nice fully adjustable strap to comfortably mount the goggles on to your head, these are goggles you can wear while you are working or moving around.
The ATN PVS7-3 night vision goggle is fully multi purpose and can be easily handheld, head mounted, or even helmet mounted so that hands free use is no problem. It also offers Total Darkness IR, so that it is a reliable piece of night vision equipment even in situations that lack any light to amplify. It also offers an Environmental Rating of Waterproof.
This model is the PVS7-3, which offers a Generation 3 image intensifier tube, and a resolution of 64 lp/mm. It also offers a quick f/1.2 26 mm lens system. Additionally, it offers Automatic Brightness Control and Bright Light Cut Off - features that will help to protect your night vision goggles when sudden light appears and keep the lens protected from bright light that could otherwise be very damaging. These features both help to protect the longevity of your night vision lens as well as help to adjust the amount of light that is amplified.
The ATN PVS7-3 offers a 50 hour battery life.
It has a two year warranty.
ATN PVS7-3 Night Vision Goggle ships with these accessories:
- Instruction Manual
- Lens Tissue
- Packing box
- Soft carrying Case
- Warranty card
- Lens Cap
- Demist shield
- Head Mount Assembly
- 2 AA batteries
- Sacrificial filter
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen 3 Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
By adding a sensitive chemical, gallium arsenide to the photocathode a brighter and sharper image has been achieved over 2nd generation units. An ion barrier film was also added to increase tube life. 3rd Gen. provides the user with good to excellent low light performance. 3rd Gen. Standard IIT Our standard 3rd generation image intensifier tubes are of the highest quality. They have a micro channel plate, GaAs photocathode, and a completely self-contained integral high-voltage power supply. These 3rd Generation tubes provide a combined increase in resolution, signal to noise and photosensitivity over tubes with a multi-alkali photocathode. Generation 3 is the standard for the USA military.
3rd Gen. Standard IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Gallium Arsenide
• Resolution 64 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio 22 Typical
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for ATN PVS7-3 Night Vision Goggles:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like ATN PVS7-3 Night Vision Goggles assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Total Darkness IR System||Yes|
|Lens System||F1.2, 26 mm|
|Proshield Lens Coating||Yes|
|Range of Focus||0.25 m to infinity|
|Diopter Adjustment||-6 to +2|
|Automatic Brightness Control||Yes|
|Bright Light Cut-off||Yes|
|Automatic Shut-off System||Yes|
|IR Indicator||Yes (in FOV)|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes (in FOV)|
|Power Supply||2x1.5 V AA type battery or|
|1x3 V BA-5567/U type battery|
|Battery Life||50 hrs|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to +50 C|
|Storage Temperature||-50 to +70 C|
|Dimensions||148 x 80 x 155 mm|
|5.8" x 3.1" x 6.1"|
|Weight||0.68 kg / 1.5 lbs|
Questions on ATN PVS7-3 Night Vision Goggles
Q: Is this device digital?
A: Hi Erin. As right now, there are no digital PVS7 night vision goggle models on the market. Can you please tell us what specifically you are looking for so we can suggest the best night vision device for the purpose?
Q: Does anything come with these goggles as a kit. ( helmet Mount, head Mount system etc.)
A: Hi Thill. As is stated in the description, this particular ATN night vision goggle set comes with the following accessories: Instruction Manual, Lens Tissue, Packing box, Soft carrying Case, Warranty card, Lens Cap, Demist shield, Head Mount Assembly, 2 AA batteries, Sacrificial filter Please let us know if you have any other questions or need help with placing the order.
Q: Is this a better set of goggles than the nyx 7 pro gen alpha? If so why is it. Question#2 How long are the black Friday coupons good for?
A: Hi Wes. If you are looking for a night vision goggle set, there are two way to go. One option is to buy a pvs7. PVS7 is a standard military issue design. These units can come with a variety of night vision tubes and you can pick the one according to your needs and budget. The other option is a PVS7 look alike goggle like NYX7 for example. These units tend to be cheaper at the same tube level and their accessories are often cheaper as well. There is not much difference in terms of functionality. We like NYX 7 PRO very much, if you however decide to get a PVS7, you should consider one of the Night Vision Depot models. They are direct distributor of ITT and will offer the best value for PVS7. Please let us know if you need any further help.