FLIR Scout III 640 4x Zoom Thermal Handheld Camera
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
FLIR Scout III 640 Thermal Monocular Features
Identify predators and track game better than ever
- Detects heat signatures up to 3554 yards away (small vessel), 1247 yards (human)
- High speed 60Hz frame rate displays lifelike thermal video
- Crisp, clear 640 x 480 display screen
POWERFUL, YET SIMPLE
Starts up in seconds, no training required
- Easy-to-use buttons: Power, color palettes, E-Zoom and screen brightness
- Fast startup extends battery life by eliminating need for standby
COMPACT AND RUGGED
Fits in any pocket, weather and impact-resistant
- Single hand operation
- Light weight, only 12 ounces
- Weather-tight, ergonomic design
- >5-hour Internal Li-Ion battery
FLIR Scout III 640 4x Zoom Thermal Handheld Camera description
From Night Vision Guys about FLIR Scout III 640 Handheld Thermal Camera
This newest top of the line entry into the Scout lineup had no analog in the Scout II line. As is the case with the cheaper Scout III thermal monoculars Scout III 640 has some nice features. It has a stepped up 60hz refresh rate, impressive 640 x 512 detector, video output and updated software. With these enhancements FLIR Scout III 640 handheld thermal camera is well equipped for any task. Though the FLIR Scout III is called a camera, it does not offer any recording functionality. You will need to combine the handheld thermal camera with a DVR of some kind to record video.
Overall we believe the FLIR Scout III 640 handheld thermal camera is a good choice for those who need a reliable and simple in operation device with powerful thermal capabilities. Boating, search and rescue, hunting and camping are just some fo the many applciations for this thermal camera.
From FLIR about Scout III 640 Thermal Monocular Camera
FLIR Scout III is the next generation of FLIR’s field-proven line of compact thermal night vision monoculars. Offering enhanced performance with 30Hz or 60Hz imaging, and advanced image processing, the Scout III family is ready for your next adventure in the great outdoors. Scout III displays the heat emitted by animals, humans, and terrain—day or night—and has multiple applications for legal hunting, camping, land management, and outdoor recreation.
Every FLIR Scout III Thermal Monocular Camera ships with the following accessories
- Handheld Thermal Camera
- USB Power Adapter/Charger
- Wrist strap
- Custom Video out cable (320 and 640 version)
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Molle bag
Please note that most thermal devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Thermal devices can produce various types of images. Some are color others are monochrome. In either case change in shade or color indicates temperature differences.
Here is how thermal imaging devices work...
A special lens focuses the infrared light emitted by all of the objects in view.
The focused light is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the detector array.
The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses.
The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display.
The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission. The combination of all the impulses from all of the elements creates the image.
There are a few key Manufacturers when it comes to thermal imaging.
ATN: produce such well knows devies as ThOR-HD thermal scope, BINOX-THD thermal binoculars, and OTS-HD thermal monocular.
FLIR/Armasight: the largest maker of consumer level thermal products is well knows for their full product line. Zeus thermal scopes, Q14 and Scout monoculars, Helios and Scout binoculars and many more.
Pulsar: a very popular brand for digital night vision and thermal imaging. Key products include Pulsar Trail and Apex thermal scopes and Pulsar Helion and Quantum thermal monoculars.
Seek: mobile device mounted thermal cameras are the main products of this brand.
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for FLIR Scout III 640 4x Zoom Thermal Handheld Camera:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like FLIR Scout III 640 4x Zoom Thermal Handheld Camera assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
FLIR Scout III Specifications
|Model||Scout III 240||Scout III 320||Scout III 640|
|FOV||24° × 18° NTSC||17° × 13° NTSC||18° × 14° NTSC|
|Start up||< 1.5 seconds|
|Waveband||7.5 - 13.5 µm|
|Thermal Sensitivity||<50 mK @ f/1.0|
|Detector Type||240 × 180 VOx Microbolometer||336 × 256 VOx Microbolometer||640 x 512 VOx Microbolometer|
|Image Processing||FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement|
|Zoom Button||Freeze Frame||2X Zoom||2X, 4X Zoom|
|Color Pallettes||Black Hot, White Hot, InstAlert and Graded Fire|
|Task Light/Pointer||LED Flashlight|
|Built-In Display||640 X 480 LCD Display|
|Video Output||NTSC composite video (switchable to PAL w/USER GUI)|
|Video Refresh Rate||30Hz NTSC||60Hz NTSC||30Hz NTSC|
|Battery Type||Internal Li-Ion Cell|
|Battery Life (Operating)||>5 Hours|
|Operating Temp.||-4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)|
|Storage Temp.||-40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)|
|Drop||1 m drop|
|Weight (incl. lens)||12 oz (340 g)|
|Size (L × W × H)||6.70" x 2.31"x 2.44"|
|Packages Include||Handheld Thermal Camera,USB Power Adapter/Charger,Wrist strap, Custom Video out cable (320 and 640 version), USB Cable, Quick Start Guide, Molle bag|
Range Performance (No Extender)†
|Detect Man (1.8 m × 0.5 m):||350m (382 yards)||550m (601 yards)||1140 (1247 yards)|
|Detect Small Vessel (2.3 m × 2.3 m):||945m (1033 yards)||1550m (1695 yards)||3250m (3554 yards)|
Questions on FLIR Scout III 640 4x Zoom Thermal Handheld Camera
Q: How will I qualify for rebate on this if it's a pre order please advise
A: Hi Randy. FLIR Scout III 640 4x Thermal Cameras are expected to ship in about 2 weeks (early November). This means you will have no problem qualifying for the rebate as long as you have a receipt from us with your purchase date within the period of the rebate qualification. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Q: When will this item be in stock?
A: hi Chad. We do not have a hard target at the moment, but as is the case with most hard to get products, it is best to place the order so you get in the queue and receive a unit from the next shipment. Please let us know if you would like to discuss further how we can reserve a unit for you.