N-Vision Optics PVS-7-HM Night Vision Goggles Gen 3
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
The PVS-7 Gen 3 night vision goggles are equipped with automatic brightness control (ABC), which automatically adjusts the brightness level of the image tube for varying light conditions. Lightweight and versatile, the PVS-7 can be hand-held, head-mounted, and helmet-mounted. Afocal attachment lenses are available for long range observation and surveillance.
N-Vision Optics PVS-7-HM Night Vision Goggles Gen 3 description
The PVS-7-HM is a combat ready night vision goggle device that is specifically designed to be rugged, durable, and lightweight enough that it can be carried and used for all sorts of applications, regardless of weather and other conditions. The PVS 7 has a long history of use and is a recognized piece of night vision technology. Why? Simply because it offers a remarkable quality of night vision, all carefully encased inside a design that can take care of itself.
The PVS-7-HM offers MIL SPEC housing for its lens; the entire bi-ocular goggle is designed to be strong and robust enough that it can be used as a serious tool in the field and allow you to focus on tactical necessities instead of worrying about the technical equipment that you choose to bring with you. The PVS 7 offers a lot of features that make it an incredible piece of night vision technology - something that can be relied on regularly - including Automatic Brightness Control, which will help to adjust the amount of light that is accepted based on external lighting conditions. This automatic functionality will protect your night vision lens from potential damage that too much light could cause it.
Remember, the PVS 7 is the choice of the US Military and is used by Armed Forces regularly; this is proof of the robust technology that can be found in it.
The PVS-HM (helmet mount) offers a Generation 3 Image Intensifier Tube and an objective lens that offers f/1.2 and 26 mm.
This model has a battery life of 40 hours.
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen 3 Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
By adding a sensitive chemical, gallium arsenide to the photocathode a brighter and sharper image has been achieved over 2nd generation units. An ion barrier film was also added to increase tube life. 3rd Gen. provides the user with good to excellent low light performance. 3rd Gen. Standard IIT Our standard 3rd generation image intensifier tubes are of the highest quality. They have a micro channel plate, GaAs photocathode, and a completely self-contained integral high-voltage power supply. These 3rd Generation tubes provide a combined increase in resolution, signal to noise and photosensitivity over tubes with a multi-alkali photocathode. Generation 3 is the standard for the USA military.
3rd Gen. Standard IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Gallium Arsenide
• Resolution 64 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio 22 Typical
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for N-Vision Optics PVS-7-HM Night Vision Goggles Gen 3:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like N-Vision Optics PVS-7-HM Night Vision Goggles Gen 3 assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Field of View||40|
|Objective Lens Focal Length, (mm)||26|
|Objective Lens F Number||1.2|
|Min. Focusing Distance, cm||25|
|Min. Focusing Distance, in||10|
|Diopter Adjustment||+2 to -6|
|Detection Range, m||350|
|Recognition Range, m||300|
|Battery life (typical), hrs||40|
|Dimensions, mm||152 x 76 x 152|
|Dimensions, in||6 x 3 x 6|
|Operating Temperature, C||-51 to +52|
Questions on N-Vision Optics PVS-7-HM Night Vision Goggles Gen 3
Q: just curious if this product has a warranty. thanks
A: Hi Kit. N-Vision PVS-7-HM night vision goggle comes with a 2 year warranty. We suggest you speak to one of our product experts before you finalize your choice of the goggle. There are many models out there and picking the one which costs least and yet satisfies all your needs is not easy.