NVG PVS-14 Gen 3 Surplus ITT Tube Night Vision Monocular
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
NVG PVS-14 Gen 3 Surplus Night Vision Monocular
- Advanced US Gen 3 Surplus ITT Tube (non-autogated)
- Mil Spec Optics
- Rugged Military design system
- Tactical Multifunctional Multi-Purpose Unit
- Hand held monocular
- Hands-free goggle (optional helmet mount)
- Mil Spec Headgear
- SN 25 min
- 64lp/mm min resolution
- Limited 1 Year Warranty
NVG PVS-14 Gen 3 Surplus ITT Tube Night Vision Monocular description
NVG PVS-14 Gen 3 Night Vision Monocular
With millions of systems deployed the NVG PVS-14 gen 3 night vision monocular is the standard military issue night vision goggle for the US/NATO military forces and is the all-around best multi-functional night vision monocular available. Head, helmet or weapon mounted (in conjunction with red-dot and collimating sights) the PVS-14 allows the user to maintain their night adapted vision in one eye while viewing night vision image with 40-degree field of view. Equipped with a ITT Surplus Tube the image intensifier tube that provides crisp image and increased mobility and tactical awareness. Infrared LED (with indicator) provides total darkness capability. This gen 3 night vision goggle system is weapons rated for 5.56x45mm NATO. Ideal night vision system for hunting, security, navigation, home defense, wildlife management and surveillance. Full kit includes Mil-Spec Headmount Assembly USGI “Skullcrusher”(A3144268), Objective Lens Cap (A3144318), PVS-14 Demist Shield (A3256353), PVS-14 Sacrificial Window (A3144264), PVS-14 J-Arm Headset Adapter( A3256347), PVS-14 Neck Cord, AA Battery(1) and Operating Manual and Soft Case. No international orders. Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.
Gen 3 Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
By adding a sensitive chemical, gallium arsenide to the photocathode a brighter and sharper image has been achieved over 2nd generation units. An ion barrier film was also added to increase tube life. 3rd Gen. provides the user with good to excellent low light performance. 3rd Gen. Standard IIT Our standard 3rd generation image intensifier tubes are of the highest quality. They have a micro channel plate, GaAs photocathode, and a completely self-contained integral high-voltage power supply. These 3rd Generation tubes provide a combined increase in resolution, signal to noise and photosensitivity over tubes with a multi-alkali photocathode. Generation 3 is the standard for the USA military.
3rd Gen. Standard IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Gallium Arsenide
• Resolution 64 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio 22 Typical
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for NVG PVS-14 Gen 3 Surplus ITT Tube Night Vision Monocular:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like NVG PVS-14 Gen 3 Surplus ITT Tube Night Vision Monocular assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
- Resolution: 64 lp/mm (min)
- Signal to Noise (SN): 25 (min)
- Film: Thin-Film (non-autogated)
- Magnification: 1×
- Field of View: 40°
- Objective Lens: f/1.2
- Eyepiece Lens: EFL 26 mm
- Diopter Adjustment: +4 to −6
- Range of Focus: 25 cm to infinity
- Voltage Required: 1.5 Volts
- Battery Type: One AA battery
- Battery Life: Approx. 50 hrs at room temp
- Weight: 12.4 oz (351.53 grams)
- Dimensions: 4.5″ (L) × 2″ (W) × 2.25″ (H)
- Operating Temperature: −51°C to +49°C