Pulsar Apex XD38 1.5-3x32 Thermal Riflescope
Armasight Zeus 640 3-24x75 30hz Thermal Riflescope
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Pulsar Apex XD38 1.5-3x32 Thermal Riflescope PL76415
Magnification: 1.5x ... 3x
Refresh rate: 50 Hz
Objective lens: F38/1.2
Range of detection: 1250 m
Eye relief: 67 mm
Shock resistance on rifled weapon: 6000 J
One shot zeroing with “Freeze function”
10 selectable integrated reticles
Pulsar Apex XD38 Package Contents:
Apex XD38 Thermal sight | Carrying case | Dual cable: video and external power supply | Cleaning cloth | User manual | Warranty card
Pulsar Apex XD 38 Optical Features
- Long eye relief (67 mm)
- Accurate Internal Focus Adjustment
- Apex 38 magnification: 1.5x - 3x zoom
- Apex 50 magnification: 2x - 4x zoom
Pulsar Apex XD 38 Electronic features:
- 384x288 pixels microbolometer sensor
- Refresh rate 50Hz
- High quality OLED microdisplay
- Function PiP (picture-in-picture displays 2x zoom image at top of main image)
- 2x digital zoom in 10 incremental steps
- Three calibration modes - manual (silent), semiautomatic, and automatic
- Three operation modes – "Rocks", "Forest", "Identification"
- Image inversion modes: "White hot" and "Black hot"
- Wide choice of selectable reticles in sight's memory
- One shot zeroing and zeroing with Freeze function
- Memorization of zero-in parameters for three types of weapon or distances
- Choice of white or black reticle
Pulsar Apex XD 38 Other features:
- f1.2 germanium objective lens
- Power saving mode
- External power supply option
- High shock resistance and certified to withstand recoil muzzle energy of 6000 Js
- IP67 (IEC 60529) Degree of protection (fully dust and waterproof)
- Video output enabling recording
- Defective pixel repair option
- Extra Weaver rail for accessories
- Wireless remote control
- Wide range of display brightness and contrast adjustment with memorization of user settings
- Display-off function maintains covertness, and quick power-on for immediate use
Pulsar Apex XD38 1.5-3x32 Thermal Riflescope description
Pulsar Apex XD38 1.5-3x32 Thermal Riflescope PL76415
Pulsar Apex XD thermal imaging sights are designed for use on hunting rifles day and night, in inclement weather conditions (fog, smog, rain), and to see through obstacles hindering detection of targets (branches, tall grass, thick bushes etc.). Unlike the image intensifier tube based night vision riflescopes, thermal imaging sights Apex do not require an external source of light and are not affected by bright light exposure.
The scope body is made with a high tech, glass filled polymer that is resistant to shock and the harshest of New Zealand's climatic conditions. The Pulsar Apex XD38 thermal imaging scope is able to withstand muzzel energy of up to 6000J.
The aiming reticle is adjusted electronically, and has a choice of thirteen reticles that can be selected on-the-fly without loss of zero. Each reticle can be further adjusted for polarity and aiming point colour to suit the prevailing conditions. A One-Shot zero function reduces the number of sighting shots required to sight-in a rifle. There is provision to save three zero parameters for different ranges and loads.
The Pulsar Apex Thermal Rifle Scope is fitted with a rapid focus lever, and has the option of White-Hot and Black-Hot image polarity. A wide range of brightness and contrast setting can be easily selected at the turn of a dial, and three pre-programed visual processing modes. The image is presented on a high quality OLED micro-display, that produces a clear image even in extreme cold conditions.
The Pulsar Apex Thermal Rifle Scope has a host of additional functions, such as automatic calibration, semi-automatic calibration, and manual (silent) calibration, a video-out socket for recording your shot to a Pulsar MPR / CVR640 compact video recorder or to an external video monitor. The Pulsar thermal imaging scope can be powered with replaceable CR123 batteries, or an external power supply such as a Pulsar EPS3 or EPS5 rechargeable power pack.
The Pulsar Apex Thermal Rifle Scope is also available to order with a 9Hz refresh rate for travelling to countries where high refresh rate thermal imaging equipment is prohibited. Contact us for ordering the LD model.
A reticle is electronically displayed on the screen and is permanently located in the plane of target image. The Apex internal memory contains 10 reticles of various shapes and applications. The color of the reticle can be switched from black to white.
3 types of zeroing parameters memorization
The software allows the user to save in riflescope’s memory three points of impact for three various distances (types of weapon or cartridges), and each option allows the use of a dedicated reticle.
“Picture in picture” function“Picture in Picture” function provides shooter with a possibility to display an additional image region on the screen which contains 2x magnified image of a target and reticle. This allows seeing image in the aiming area in a more detailed way. Additional region (precise aiming frame) is situated in the top center part of the screen above the reticle. Occupying only 1/10 of the total screen area additional image region allows simultaneous use of the entire field of view for observation.
Zeroing with FREEZE functionStandard for Pulsar digital riflescopes “one shot zeroing” in Apex models is complemented by an even more convenient zeroing function - “Freeze”: after making a zeroing shot it is enough to save a frame of a target in the memory of the riflescope and align reticle with point of impact looking at this frame without the necessity of keeping full immobility of a weapon.
DISPLAY OFF function
Apex has display shut down function which has to be used in the cases of short breaks during the process of observation for preventing disclosure of the shooter by the light from the eyepiece. When display is turned off all other systems are fully functional which allows instantaneous activation of the riflescope.
With IPX7 (IEC 60529 standard) water protection class Apex riflescopes can be operated in the conditions of precipitation of any intensity and withstand a short underwater submersion.
Eyesafe eye relief
The Apex thermal sights feature a 67 mm eye relief – one of the best parameters in its class. The greater is the eye relief the less traumatic is the use of the scope, especially on hunting weapons with considerable recoil.
Different calibration modes
The Apex offers three calibration modes: silent manual mode (“M”), automatic (“A”) and semiautomatic (“H”). The “A” mode implies automatic calibration without user’s participation. In the “H” mode the user decides on his own if calibration is required depending on the image quality. The “Cal” button is pressed in this mode. Manual calibration (“M”) is carried out by pressing the “Cal” button when the lens cap is closed. The “M” mode is recommended for hunting due to silent operation.
The Apex offers three operating modes, each designed to deliver the best possible image in specific viewing conditions: “Rocks” (enhanced contrast), “Forest” (low contrast) and “Identification” (improved rendering of hot objects’ details).
Wide operating temperature range (-25…+50°C)
The ability to operate in normal mode at sub-zero temperatures is due to the use of a frost-resistant OLED display featuring fast response and provides crisp image when observing dynamic object.
External power supply
Operation time can be significantly increased with the help of external power supplies (e.g., Pulsar EPS3/EPS5). When used in frosty weather, the power supply can be stored under the clothes.
Wireless remote control
The wireless remote control allows the user to fulfill basic operations without resorting to standard controls.
The mounting holes in the base of the riflescope enable the mount to be installed in one of multiple positions. This choice (depending on the rifle type, anthropometric data of a shooter, etc.) helps the user to ensure the most suitable position on a riflescope.
The Apex thermal sights are equipped with a Video Out jack enabling real time video recording with the use of external recording equipment.
Please note that most thermal devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Thermal devices can produce various types of images. Some are color others are monochrome. In either case change in shade or color indicates temperature differences.
Here is how thermal imaging devices work...
A special lens focuses the infrared light emitted by all of the objects in view.
The focused light is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the detector array.
The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses.
The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display.
The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission. The combination of all the impulses from all of the elements creates the image.
There are a few key Manufacturers when it comes to thermal imaging.
ATN: produce such well knows devies as ThOR-HD thermal scope, BINOX-THD thermal binoculars, and OTS-HD thermal monocular.
FLIR/Armasight: the largest maker of consumer level thermal products is well knows for their full product line. Zeus thermal scopes, Q14 and Scout monoculars, Helios and Scout binoculars and many more.
Pulsar: a very popular brand for digital night vision and thermal imaging. Key products include Pulsar Trail and Apex thermal scopes and Pulsar Helion and Quantum thermal monoculars.
Seek: mobile device mounted thermal cameras are the main products of this brand.
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for Pulsar Apex XD38 1.5-3x32 Thermal Riflescope:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like Pulsar Apex XD38 1.5-3x32 Thermal Riflescope assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Frame Rate, Hz||50|
|Display Resolution, pix.||640x480|
|Magnification, х||1.5 ... 3|
|Digital zoom, x||gradual zoom 2х|
|Field of View,°, horizontal * vertical||14.4x10.8|
|Eye Relief, mm||67|
|Diopter adjustment, dptr.||- 4…+ 3.5|
|Range of Detection, m|
|Range of detection, m (object (high*width = 1,7*0,5m)||950|
|Power Supply, V||4 ÷ 6|
Using on weapon
|Reticle type||Variable electronic reticles|
|Windage & Elevation, 1 click, mm/ 100m||40/ 40|
|Shock-proofness, E0, joules (when used with rifled gun)||6000|
|Click range H/V, mm@100m||8000/ 8000|
|Physical & operational characteristics|
|Operating Temperature,°С||- 25 … +50|
|Level of Protection (acc. to IEC 60529)||IPX7|
|Weight (without batteries), kg||0.6|
Questions on Pulsar Apex XD38 1.5-3x32 Thermal Riflescope
No questions asked yet