Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular
Pulsar Helion XQ38F Thermal Monocular 3-12X38
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular PL77329
• 384x288 microbolometer resolution
• 50hz refresh rate
• 2.5 to 5x magnification (Due to 2x digital zoom)
• Manual, automatic, and semi automatic calibration modes
• City, forest, and identification viewing modes
• Hot white/ hot black viewing modes
• Up to 1,200 yd detection range (human size target)
• LCD Display
• Brightness and contrast adjustments
• Video output
• Quick start-up
• External power supply adaptable
• Compact and light weight
Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular Key Aspects
Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular description
Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular PL77329
Featuring a 50 hertz frame rate – higher than most on the market – and 640x480 LCD display resolution for a crisp, consistent image of fast-moving objects, the Pulsar Quantum XD50A Thermal Imaging Monocular is engineered to track targets quickly and easily. Its thermal core resolution of 384x288 captures maximum thermal energy efficiently for a more detailed image. Successfully penetrating through fog and smoke in day and nighttime operations, its long-distance viewing is made possible by a 2x digital zoom, which increases the 2.5x magnification to 5x. It detects “white hot” and “black hot” heat signatures to up to 1,200 yards away. The Pulsar Quantum XD50A’s LCD display and numerous modes, make it the ideal choice for a wide variety of applications including: search and rescue missions, reconnaissance, hunting, and covert law enforcement/military operations. It features 3 new operating modes and calibration modes, allowing users to customize the monocular to their surrounding environment. The 3 operating modes (City, Forest and Identification) deliver enhanced contrast, significantly improving rendering of hot object details. Users can choose from the automatic, manual or semi-automatic calibration modes, which calibrates the image in just 1 to 2 seconds. It includes a standard weaver rail and tripod mount, allowing for attachment of external power supplies, as well as video output to record each session.
Pulsar Quantum XD50A Included Accessories:
- Carrying Case
- Output Video Cable
- Hand Strap
- Car Adapter
- Extra Battery Container
- Lens Cleaning Cloth
Please note that most thermal devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Thermal devices can produce various types of images. Some are color others are monochrome. In either case change in shade or color indicates temperature differences.
Here is how thermal imaging devices work...
A special lens focuses the infrared light emitted by all of the objects in view.
The focused light is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the detector array.
The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses.
The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display.
The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission. The combination of all the impulses from all of the elements creates the image.
There are a few key Manufacturers when it comes to thermal imaging.
ATN: produce such well knows devies as ThOR-HD thermal scope, BINOX-THD thermal binoculars, and OTS-HD thermal monocular.
FLIR/Armasight: the largest maker of consumer level thermal products is well knows for their full product line. Zeus thermal scopes, Q14 and Scout monoculars, Helios and Scout binoculars and many more.
Pulsar: a very popular brand for digital night vision and thermal imaging. Key products include Pulsar Trail and Apex thermal scopes and Pulsar Helion and Quantum thermal monoculars.
Seek: mobile device mounted thermal cameras are the main products of this brand.
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Frame Rate, Hz||50|
|Microbolometer resolution, pixels||384x288|
|Spectral Sencitivity, µm||7.7 to 13.2|
|Pixel Pitch, µm||25|
|Display type||LCD Display|
|Display Resolution, pix.||640x480|
|Display diagonal, inch||0.31|
|Video output||PAL/ NTSC|
|Pin type of video input / output||3.5mm jack|
|Operation modes||city, forest, identification|
|Defective pixel repair option, yes/no||yes|
|Digital zoom, x||2|
|Lens diameter, mm||42|
|Lens focus, mm||50|
|Relative aperture, D/f'||1:1.2|
|Field of View,°, horizontal * vertical||11.8.3|
|Field of View, m@100m, horizontal*
|Minimum focusing distance, m||5|
|Eye Relief, mm||20|
|Exit Pupil, mm||5|
|Diopter adjustment, dptr.||±5|
|Focusing type of distance||internal|
|Range of Detection, m|
|Range of detection, m /yd(object
(high*width = 1,7*0,5m)
|1100 / 1200|
|Power Supply, V||4 ÷ 6|
|Battery life, hour||5.5|
|External Power Supply||DC 8.4 ÷ 15|
|Physical & operational characteristics|
|Body Material||glass-nylon composite|
|Tripod Mount, inch||2x 1/4|
|Type of mount for
|Operating Temperature,°C / °F||- 25 to 50 / -13 to 122|
|Degree of Protection
(acc. to IEC 60529)
|Weight (without batteries), oz||15.2|
Questions on Pulsar Quantum XD50A 2.5-10x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular
No questions asked yet