Pulsar Trail LRF XP50 Thermal Riflescope
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Pulsar Trail LRF XP50 Thermal Riflescope
- Heat signature detection range up to 1,800 yards
- Integrated laser rangefinder accurate up to 1,100 yards
- 640x480 resolution, 17 µm pixel pitch core
- 640x480 AMOLED display
- Built-in video/sound recording
- 1.6 to 12.8x variable magnification
- Internal 8gb of storage for all photo, video and sound files
- 8-hour rechargeable battery pack
- Stream Vision compatible with onboard Wi-Fi
- Proprietary picture-in-picture
- Recoil rated up to .375 H&H
- Three zeroing profiles with five distances each
- One-shot zeroing with freeze function
- 13 reticle options
Pulsar Trail LRF XP50 Thermal Riflescope description
Pulsar Thermal Vision Riflescope PL76519Q
The newest generation of Trail thermal imaging sights incorporates a built-in laser rangefinder able to range precisely out to 1,100 yards and produce a highly detailed image at 50 frames per second in complete darkness. The LRF feature displays the range directly on the screen, so you never have to take your eyes off the target. The Trail XP50 LRF has a variable magnification of 1.6 to 12.8x, taking your big-game hunt to the next level by detecting heat signatures up to 1,800 yards away and with the built-in accelerometer precisely identifies cant and angles greater than five degrees improving your accuracy.
From Night Vision Guys about Trail LRF XP50 Thermal Imaging Rifle Scope
As one would expect, Pulsar is working hard to keep their Trail line of thermal scopes ahead of the pack. There are many thermal scopes on the market and companies are trying to add features and capabilities which would give their device an edge over competing models. In the case of Pulsar, they added two new LRF models which add a laser range finder to an already impressive and popular Trail thermal scope. There is no doubt that those who can afford the additional $700 will opt for this model over the basic XP50.
Each Trail LRF XP50 ships with the following accessories:
- Battery pack and charging kit
- USB cable
- Wireless remote control
- Fixed weaver/picatinny rail
- Cleaning cloth
- Carrying case
- Hex wrench
Please note that most thermal devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Thermal devices can produce various types of images. Some are color others are monochrome. In either case change in shade or color indicates temperature differences.
Here is how thermal imaging devices work...
A special lens focuses the infrared light emitted by all of the objects in view.
The focused light is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the detector array.
The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses.
The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display.
The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission. The combination of all the impulses from all of the elements creates the image.
There are a few key Manufacturers when it comes to thermal imaging.
ATN: produce such well knows devies as ThOR-HD thermal scope, BINOX-THD thermal binoculars, and OTS-HD thermal monocular.
FLIR/Armasight: the largest maker of consumer level thermal products is well knows for their full product line. Zeus thermal scopes, Q14 and Scout monoculars, Helios and Scout binoculars and many more.
Pulsar: a very popular brand for digital night vision and thermal imaging. Key products include Pulsar Trail and Apex thermal scopes and Pulsar Helion and Quantum thermal monoculars.
Seek: mobile device mounted thermal cameras are the main products of this brand.
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for Pulsar Trail LRF XP50 Thermal Riflescope:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like Pulsar Trail LRF XP50 Thermal Riflescope assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Type of Microbolometer||Uncooled Microbolometer|
|Frame Rate, Hz||50 Hz|
|Microbolometer Resolution, pixels||640x480 px|
|Spectral Sensitivity, µm||8-14 Âµm|
|Pixel Pitch, µm||17 µm|
|Display Resolution, pix.||640x480 pix|
|Integrated video recorder||Rock, forest and identification|
|Defective Pixel Repair Option||Yes|
|Stream Vision support||Yes|
|Magnification||1.6 - 12.8|
|Digital Zoom||2x / 4x / 8x|
|Diameter, Lens, mm||42 mm|
|Lens Focus, mm||38 mm|
|Field of View, °, horizontal * vertical||12.3x9.3 Degree|
|Field of View, m@100m, horizontal||21.8|
|Minimum focusing distance, ft/m||16 / 5|
|Eye relief (in/mm)||2 / 50 in / mm|
|Diopter Adjustment||+4 to -4|
|Focusing Type of Distance||Objective|
|Range of Detection, yd / m (Object (Human = 1.7*0.5m)||1800 / 1650|
|Laser Wavelength, nm||905 nm|
|Measurement Range, yd/m||1100 / 1000 Rangfinder|
|Accuracy of Range Measurement, yd/m||+-1|
|Battery Life||8 Hours|
|Battery Type||B-Pack (18650 Li-Ion)|
|External Power Supply||5V - Micro USB|
|Click value (MOA)||1 1 click = MOA|
|Windage & Elevation. adjustment range, mm||195|
|Number of Preloaded Reticles||13|
|Physical & operational characteristics, Lens Material||Germanium, glass|
|Optical Characteristic, Reticle, Type||Variable electronic reticles|
|Body Material||Glass-nylon composite|
|Type of Mount for Attachment of Additional Accessories||Weaver / Picatinny|
|Operating temperature, F/C||-13 to 122 / -25 to +50|
|Level of Protection (acc. to IEC 60529)||IP67 100% dustproof and submergible to 1m for 1 hour|
|Calibration||Manual, automatic and semi-automatic|
|Recoil Rating||.375 H&H|
|Length (in/mm)||11.22 / 285 in / mm|
|Width (in/mm)||4.01 / 102 in / mm|
|Height (in/mm)||2.99 / 76 in / mm|
|Weight (without batteries) oz||23.6 oz|
Questions on Pulsar Trail LRF XP50 Thermal Riflescope
Q: Is the pulsar xp50lrf in stock
A: Hi Keith. Current guidance from the manufacturer is about 2 months for the first shipment of Trail XP50 LRF thermal scopes.
Q: Is the pulsar trail LRF xp50 shipping yet?
A: Hi Tim. Pulsar is stating that August is the expected delivery time frame for Pulsar Trail LRF thermal scopes.
Q: availability update on pulsar xp50lrf ?
A: Hi Brett. Pulsar is stating that August is the expected delivery time frame for Pulsar Trail LRF thermal scopes.
Q: Is the LRF XP50 showing distance in the screen while you are shooiting? Will this stand up to the impact of a 308?
A: Hi Darrell. Yes, Pulsar LRF XP50 will show the distance on the main display. This thermal scope is rated for 6000 joules.
Q: hi. will the pulsar trail lrf xp50 be able to be posted to the uk? ive heard from a distributor over here that they may not turn up in the uk this year, or 2019 or maybe not ever. cheers
A: Hi Nick. Thermal scopes are not exportable outside of the USA. We have some thermal monocular we can offer and some of them at amazing prices. Let us know if that is of interest.
Q: is the Trail LRF xp 50 in stock now? I notice a buy button?
A: Hi Brett. No it is not. LRF scopes still have not come out on the market.
Q: Is this available yet. If not do you have any idea when it will be available? Thanks.
A: Hi Matt. thank you for your message. At this time the manufacturer has not released this model. We are hoping to see it within the next 30 days in limited quantities.