Reap-IR Type 2 60mm Mini Thermal Weapon Sight
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
Reap-IRMS-60-2 640x480 Mini Thermal Weapon Sight
SUPERIOR IMAGE QUALITY
- 640x480 resolution - 4 times as many pixels as competing 320 systems
- 12 micron pixel pitch - smaller footprint and increased magnification over competing 17 micron systems
- 60 Hz Frame rate - improved clarity for moving images
- New “Easy Zero” method greatly simplifies getting rounds on target
- Simple thumbstick control navigates menu functions
RUGGED, RELIABLE, AMERICAN MADE
- Designed, constructed and tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Made in Auburn, California
NEW AND IMPROVED
- Easy Zero Method
- Ruggedized Batter Compartment with Improved Ergonomics
- Integrated Picatinny Rail
- Additional Magnification Options
- The REAP-IR Type 2 has the following important differences from the REAP-IR Type 1.
- Type 2 Features a Top Loading Battery Compartment(not compatible with UNV external battery adapter)
- Type 2 has a Picatinny Rail vs Dovetail a dovetail shoe.
- Type 2 firmware has Easy Zero.
- Type 2 35mm is 24.5 oz vs Type 1 35mm 20oz
- Type 2 is available in 20mm, 35mm, and 60mm - Type 1 is only available in 35mm.
Reap-IR Type 2 60mm Mini Thermal Weapon Sight description
Reap-IRMS-60-2 640x480 Mini Thermal Weapon Sight
The REAP-IR Type 2 Mini Thermal Sight with 35mm Objective Lens from Trijicon is an upgraded version of the original REAP-IR thermal optic. The REAP-IR Type 2 functions as a dedicated weapon sight, a hand held observation unit, or head mounted unit. The mil-spec REAP-IR Type 2 features several upgrades over the REAP-IR including new zoom options and new easy zero.
As a leader in tactical optics, Trijicon is uniquely positioned to identify, develop and deliver to the market the most technological advanced optics. REAP-IRMS-60-2 is no exception. This unit preserves the versatility of the original thermal scope and adds new features most helpful to the savvy consumer. If you are in the market for a high end thermal scope which offers the versatility of being used as a handheld, this REAP-IRMS-60 model from Trijicon should be on your list. It is not cheap, but the price is justified by the quality and the wide array of unique features.
REAP-IRMS Thermal Scopes include:
- USER'S MANUAL
- QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- SHUTTERED EYE GUARD
- 2X CR123 BATTERIES
- TRIJICON LOGO STICKER
- WARRANTY CARD
- HARD CASE
Please note that most thermal devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Thermal devices can produce various types of images. Some are color others are monochrome. In either case change in shade or color indicates temperature differences.
Here is how thermal imaging devices work...
A special lens focuses the infrared light emitted by all of the objects in view.
The focused light is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the detector array.
The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses.
The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display.
The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission. The combination of all the impulses from all of the elements creates the image.
There are a few key Manufacturers when it comes to thermal imaging.
ATN: produce such well knows devies as ThOR-HD thermal scope, BINOX-THD thermal binoculars, and OTS-HD thermal monocular.
FLIR/Armasight: the largest maker of consumer level thermal products is well knows for their full product line. Zeus thermal scopes, Q14 and Scout monoculars, Helios and Scout binoculars and many more.
Pulsar: a very popular brand for digital night vision and thermal imaging. Key products include Pulsar Trail and Apex thermal scopes and Pulsar Helion and Quantum thermal monoculars.
Seek: mobile device mounted thermal cameras are the main products of this brand.
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for Reap-IR Type 2 60mm Mini Thermal Weapon Sight:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like Reap-IR Type 2 60mm Mini Thermal Weapon Sight assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Display:||Digital OLED 640x480 Pixels
60 Hz with a 30 Hz Power Save Mode
DCE – Digital Contrast Enhancment
DFC – Digital Focus Control
|Magnification Range:||1.5-20x Total
|Battery Type||(2) CR123
3.5 Hours @ 60 Hz – 2 batt.
5 Hours @ 30 Hz – 2 batt.
|Optic Details||Lens: 60mm
Sensor Type: Uncooled VOx (Vanadium Oxide)
Environmental: -40c to +55c Operating/-45c to +75c Storage
|Spectral Response||8 - 12 Microns|
Questions on Reap-IR Type 2 60mm Mini Thermal Weapon Sight
No questions asked yet