REFURB FLIR Scout TS24 240x180 monocular Thermal Imaging System
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
REFURBISHED FLIR Scout TS24 240x180 monocular Thermal Imaging System
Refurbished FLIR devices are certified by the manufacturer and are fully functional. Some packaging may be damaged but units are like new.
- Shuttered Eyepiece: Keeps light from coming out of the viewfinder and avoids alarming animals or other target subjects.
- 19 mm lens : with 24° field of view (and its optional 2.optical extender).
- Rugged design: All-weather design is built to withstand the demands of day-in, day-out rugged outdoor use. It even floats!
- Hot Shoe Attachment: The included “hot shoe” attachment provides power-in and RCA composite video-out connections while maintaining the camera’s tripod mounting capability.
- Two-sided Hand Strap: Accommodates both left-handed and right-handed users.
- USB2 Connection: Permits rapid transfer of still images and video from the Scout to a PC.
- Battery Compartment: Four rechargeable AA NiMH batteries are good for more than five hours of continuous operation. Scout also runs on standard non-rechargeable alkaline and Lithium Ion AA batteries.
- Part Number: R431-0003-15-00S
- 90 Day warranty.
REFURB FLIR Scout TS24 240x180 monocular Thermal Imaging System description
REFURBISHED FLIR Scout TS24 240x180 monocular Thermal Imaging System
FLIRs Scout handheld monocular thermal imaging system is a a powerful piece of equipment, and a great choice for adventurers of all types looking for the same level of professional equipment that law enforcement and military personnel use. This is because the FLIRs Scout handheld cameras use thermal imaging, a technology that provides incredible advantage in a number of ways to all outdoorsmen.
Thermal imaging is a more practical and all around useful form of night vision because it doesn’t rely on light. While lesser technology can expand the light in an area to create vision for its user, thermal imaging takes it to the next step. Everything gives off heat: every tree, every animal, everything. That heat can then be used to create a strong image of the surroundings - and an image that isn’t deceived by camouflage. As you can see, military personnel trust the superior quality of thermal imaging because of its robust nature. With this FLIRs Scout monocular thermal imaging system you will be able to see foliage, animals, and all of your surroundings in a surprisingly clear image thanks to the high tech thermal imaging that it uses.
.As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers free shipping and free gifts with purchase of FLIR thermal units. High quality of these devices guarantees they will meet your highest expectations and will serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com in turn guarantees quick handling and excellent service and price.
|Video Cable FLIR|
Please note that most thermal devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Thermal devices can produce various types of images. Some are color others are monochrome. In either case change in shade or color indicates temperature differences.
Here is how thermal imaging devices work...
A special lens focuses the infrared light emitted by all of the objects in view.
The focused light is scanned by a phased array of infrared-detector elements. The detector elements create a very detailed temperature pattern called a thermogram. It only takes about one-thirtieth of a second for the detector array to obtain the temperature information to make the thermogram. This information is obtained from several thousand points in the field of view of the detector array.
The thermogram created by the detector elements is translated into electric impulses.
The impulses are sent to a signal-processing unit, a circuit board with a dedicated chip that translates the information from the elements into data for the display.
The signal-processing unit sends the information to the display, where it appears as various colors depending on the intensity of the infrared emission. The combination of all the impulses from all of the elements creates the image.
There are a few key Manufacturers when it comes to thermal imaging.
ATN: produce such well knows devies as ThOR-HD thermal scope, BINOX-THD thermal binoculars, and OTS-HD thermal monocular.
FLIR/Armasight: the largest maker of consumer level thermal products is well knows for their full product line. Zeus thermal scopes, Q14 and Scout monoculars, Helios and Scout binoculars and many more.
Pulsar: a very popular brand for digital night vision and thermal imaging. Key products include Pulsar Trail and Apex thermal scopes and Pulsar Helion and Quantum thermal monoculars.
Seek: mobile device mounted thermal cameras are the main products of this brand.
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for REFURB FLIR Scout TS24 240x180 monocular Thermal Imaging System:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like REFURB FLIR Scout TS24 240x180 monocular Thermal Imaging System assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Image Resolution||240 x 180|
|Field of View - H x V||24 x 18|
|Field of View w/Optional 2X Extender H x V||12 x 9|
|Freeze Image on LCD display||Yes|
|SD /SD HC Card enabled (up to 16Gb)||No|
|Still Image Storage on SD /SD HC Card||No|
|Video Storage (MPEG -4) on SD /SD HC Card||No|
|2x Digital E-Zoom||No|
|Diopter Adjustment + 2||Yes|
|US B2 Port (for SW updates/upgrades)||Yes|
|Weight incl. batteries (w/o 2X Extender)||1.59 lb (721 g)|
|Size - L . W . H (w/o 2X Extender)||9.36 x 3.33 x 2.62 (256 x 84.5 x 66.5 mm)|
|Operating Temp.||32F to +122F (0C to +50C)|
|Storage Temp.||-4F to +158F (-20C to +70C)|
|Detector Type||Longwave Uncooled VOx Microbolometer|
|Video Output (9 Hz refresh rate)||NTSC or PAL composite video; Aux Video Outout available via RCA jack on detachable Hot Shoe|
|Built-In Viewfinder Display||Color VGA LCD with brightness control and on-screen symbology|
|Power Button||On / Off / Standby|
|Start up from stand-by|
|Battery Type||4 AA NiMH Batteries (included); Li-Ion or Alkaline optional (not included)|
|Battery Life (Operating / Stand-By)||>5 Hours / ~120 Hours (on included NiMH batteries)|
|Battery Recharging||Detachable Hot Shoe Charging Port for AC Power Adapter/Charger -or- Car adapter/Charger (both chargers and Hot Shoe included)|
|Polarity / Detection Palettes||Selectable Black Hot, White Hot or FLIR Instalert; FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement|
|Fixed Use||Standard tripod mount|
|Rating / Environmental||IP-67, Submersible, 1 m drop|
|Standard Warranty||2 Year|
|Range Performance*||with std 24 Lens / with 2. Extender|
|Detect Man sized target (~1.8 m . 0.5 m)||~350 yds (~320 m)/ ~600 yds (~550 m)|