ITT Exelis PVS14 Gen 3 Non Gated Night Vision Monocular XLS1
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
ITT Exelis PVS14 Gen 3 Non Gated Night Vision Monocular XLS1
- Non Gated Gen 3 super clean tube
- 5 year ITT warranty
- Single battery housing
This pvs-14 product line is aimed at capturing more of the market place with its never before seen low price, however don’t be mistaken, this product uses
the same mil spec parts and a brand new itt/exelis gen 3 tube as other pvs-14s, and it includes a full five year warranty. Not being fully kitted out,
this product line gives the customer the ability to purchase the product at a lower than normal price and to later buy the accessories he needs. The
Lowest priced system here uses a dual batter housing, which was the original design prior to the single battery housing, however many still prefer it
Due to its much longer battery life than the new 14s.
ITT Exelis PVS14 Gen 3 Non Gated Night Vision Monocular XLS1 description
From Night Vision Guys about ITT Exelis PVS-14 Non Gated Night Vision Monocular
ITT is a known leader in night vision IIT manufacturing as well as a key partner of the US military in terms of developing the latest in night vision technology. It is no surprise that ITT Exelis PVS-14 is a defacto standard for many special ops teams and law enforcement organizations around the USA.
PVS-14 is a standard format of night vision monocular. Many manufacturers offer these models. What makes ITT Exelis different is that it is made by ITT. Most other manufacturers are using ITT tubes in their top models as there are simply no better tubes on the market. However, only with ITT you can get a tube with very specific parameters which is guaranteed to perform according to the minimum specification rating. There is simply no other way to get a night vision monocular and be so confident about the quality of the night vision tube you will have in the device.
This particular model of ITT Exelis - NVD-PVS-14-XLS-1 ships with minimal accessories: soft carry case and user manual. In terms of specifications this is the cleanest Non Gated Exelis tube available. If you want a cheaper device at the expense of minor blemishes, consider the XLS-2 and XLS-3 models. If you are willing to sacrifice the 5 year warranty, consider the XLS4, XLS-5 and XLS-6 models.
From ITT about EXELIS Night Vision Monocular PVS-14
The PVS-14 is the all around best multi functional night vision monocular available. Head or helmet mounted, the PVS-14 allows the user to retain their night adapted vision in one eye while viewing their surroundings through the illuminated eyepiece of the PVS-14.
Another strength is its ability to be weapon mounted behind most collimated daylight aimers and Reflex sights such as the ACOG, Aimpoint and EO Tech systems. This allows the user the ability to use their PVS-14 both as a night vision monocular for increased mobility and tactical awareness and as a short range weaponsight.
Optional gain control gives the user the ability to increase or decrease the tube gain. Under extremely dark conditions, gain control allows the user to adjust the gain upward, giving a better image. Under high light conditions, details can be washed out due to an excess of light. Lowering the system gain can allow those details to be better seen. Additional features of the PVS-14 include an infrared LED with LED indicator and a low battery indicator.
All NVD PVS-14-XLS are built with Exelis GEN III Non Gated image intensifier tubes. There are several configuration options available. Please contact our sales team for help on identifying the best option for your needs.
Gen 3A Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
Our 3A Gen. Premium select IITs are the highest quality of our generation 3 IITs. These IITs are hand picked to provide the highest quality and specifications available in our 3rd Gen. line. They have a micro channel plate, GaAs photocathode, and a completely self-contained integral high-voltage power supply.
3A Gen. Premium select IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Thin Film GaAs
• Resolution from 64 to 72 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio 26 Typical
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for ITT Exelis PVS14 Gen 3 Non Gated Night Vision Monocular XLS1:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like ITT Exelis PVS14 Gen 3 Non Gated Night Vision Monocular XLS1 assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|Field of View:||40˚|
|Magnification:||one power (1X)|
|Diopter Adjustment:||-6 to +2 Diopters|
|Objective Lens:||27mm, f/1.2|
|Focus Range:||9.8" to infinity|
|Power Source:||1 AA-Size Battery|
|Operation Time:||50+ hours|
|Weight (w/o batteries):||12.5 oz (355 g)|
|Size:||4.5"L x 2.5"W x 2.75"H|
|Power Supply:||Non Gated||Non Gated||Non Gated||Non Gated||Non Gated||Non Gated|
|Signal to Noise Ratio:||16.2 min.||16.2 min.||16.2 min.||16.2 min.||16.2 min.||16.2 min.|
|Photocathode Response:||1350 min.||1350 min.||1350 min.||1350 min.||1350 min.||1350 min.|
|Halo:||n/a **||n/a **||n/a **||n/a **||n/a **||n/a **|
|Electronic Background Input:||2.5 max.||2.5 max.||2.5 max.||2.5 max.||2.5 max.||2.5 max.|
|Resolution:||57 lp/mm min.||57 lp/mm min.||57 lp/mm min.||57 lp/mm min.||57 lp/mm min.||57 lp/mm min.|
|Max Spots Allowed in Each Zone, Spot Size (in.)||ZONE||ZONE||ZONE||ZONE||ZONE||ZONE|
|...........>.012 - .015||0___0___0||0___0___0||0___0___0||0___0___0||0___0___0||0___0___0|
|...........>.009 - .012||0___0___1||0___0___1||0___0___1||0___0___1||0___0___1||0___0___1|
|...........>.006 - .009||0___2___2||0___2___2||0___2___2||0___2___2||0___2___2||0___2___2|
|...........>.003 - .006||0___2___3||1___2___3||1___2___3||0___2___3||1___2___3||1___2___3|
|small spot in Zone 1||small spot in Zone 1||small spot in Zone 1||small spot in Zone 1|