L3 Aquila 6x (AN/PVS-12) GEN3
If you see a better price elsewhere please let us know and we will do our best to beat it.
- 6X magnification
- Adjustable projected reticle
- Automatic brightness control
- 60 hour continuous operation
- Powered by 2 AA batteries
- Generation III Night Vision
- U.S. manufactured image intensifier (I2) tube
- Utilizes high-strength aluminum housing for rugged, changing environments
- All external surfaces, except optics, are finished in non-reflective matte black
- Controls and adjustments are easy to operate and include: power on/off, reticle brightness, eyepiece focus, range distance) focus and windage & elevation
- Range focus adjusts for best focus at close distances of 50m to infinity
- Both the windage and elevation adjustments are 0.2 mR per click
- Developed primarily for use on 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm caliber weapons
L3 Aquila 6x (AN/PVS-12) GEN3 description
If you need a high quality long distance weapon sight for night vision that you can absolutely rely on, the L3 Aquila 6x Weapon Sight is the best night vision sight to serve you. Built upon the military nomenclature of the PVS-12 models, this weapon sight offers an incredible 6 times magnification while giving Generation 3 image intensification. What does this mean to you? It means incredible resolution and sight no matter what, providing you with a weapon sight in the dead of night that you can rely on to report incredible visibility regardless of the circumstances.
The Aquila 6x is built with a highly rugged and weatherproof aluminum that will keep it protected in basically all conditions. This way you can focus on the tactics and mission at hand without having to be concerned with the current state of your weapon sight.
Excluding the optics themselves, the L3 Aquila 6x is entirely covered in a non reflective matte black finish so that it won’t be shiny or exude a noticeable sheen. Low profile is the name of the game.
Another benefit of choosing the high quality Aquila 6x is that it is simple and easy to learn; even someone brand new to night vision technology and trying quickly will easily be able to figure out how to work with this night vision weapons sight. It is very user friendly and takes very little time to become familiar with it.
Each unit ships with an operations manual, a warranty card, a lens tissue, and a soft carrying case.
The L3 Aquila 6x weapon sight comes with a two year warranty.
As with all our Night Vision and Thermal Imaging devices, Night Vision Guys offers competitive pricing on the best devices. The high quality of these devices guarantees that they will meet your expectations and serve you well. Buying these units from NightVisionGuys.com guarantees quick handling as well as excellent service and price.
Gen 3 Night Vision
Please note that most high end night vision devices are built per order. It may take 3-5 days or more for your order to ship. If timely shipping is important to you, please, contact us to verify availability prior to ordering.
By adding a sensitive chemical, gallium arsenide to the photocathode a brighter and sharper image has been achieved over 2nd generation units. An ion barrier film was also added to increase tube life. 3rd Gen. provides the user with good to excellent low light performance. 3rd Gen. Standard IIT Our standard 3rd generation image intensifier tubes are of the highest quality. They have a micro channel plate, GaAs photocathode, and a completely self-contained integral high-voltage power supply. These 3rd Generation tubes provide a combined increase in resolution, signal to noise and photosensitivity over tubes with a multi-alkali photocathode. Generation 3 is the standard for the USA military.
3rd Gen. Standard IIT Features:
• Photo Cathode type: Gallium Arsenide
• Resolution 64 lp/mm
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio 22 Typical
• 10,000-hour tube life
Delivery Time and Manufacturing Process for L3 Aquila 6x (AN/PVS-12) GEN3:
Most of our manufacturers do not keep products like L3 Aquila 6x (AN/PVS-12) GEN3 assembled on the shelf. Night Vision tubes are kept separate from the body of the unit. When the order is placed, the manufacturer starts the order processing and assembly process which includes the following:
- Order processing - we collect all the necessary information including address and phone numbers. We also make sure that our customer ordered the correct product for their needs and that the product can be exported by US law to the country of destination. In some cases a signed export compliance form is required.
- QC - in this step the manufacturer will inspect all individual parts which will be used to assemble the night vision device for any defects.
- Production & Assembly - during production, all the parts are put together. Night Vision tubes in inserted into the body of the unit and all the complex electronics for the device are connected. This process takes place in a special lab called the "clean room" as even a small speckle of dust can cause undesired optical effect.
- QA - one the night vision device is assembled, it goes through a rigorous testing process to make sure it meets all the expected specifications and all parts function as expected. For this most manufacturers have a special "dark room" designed to allow testing of the units without causing incidental damage to the night vision tube by exposure to bright light.
- Packaging - this is a key process as well. In most case your night vision device will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer but sometimes needs to be sent to us first. In either case items need to be packaged securely to avoid any kind of damage during transportation.
- Shipping - as described above items will most of the time ship from the manufacturer. For most domestic orders (unless shipping to POB or AFB) a premium shipper like FedEx or UPS will be used.
Only by following the above steps can we along with our manufacturers bring you - our customer - night vision products of highest quality, However as you can understand the above process can take several days to complete. For example if your device fails QA, the entire process restarts. Also at QC stage a manufacturer may realize that the tube they have in stock has a defect and a replacement tube needs to be ordered. Due to the complexity of this process, it is prudent to expect 3-4 business days for production and handling of the purchased device. Keep in mind that this process is designed to guarantee your satisfaction with the night vision device of your choice. It occasionally possible to expedite the process for urgent orders but addional fees or other restrictions may apply.
|IIT Generation||Gen 3|
|Battery Life||60+ (room temperature)|
|Range of Focus||50 / 54.7|
|Diopter Adjustment||+2 to -5|
|Automatic Brightness Control||Yes|
|Bright Light Cut-off||Yes|
|Low Battery Indicator||No|
|Power Supply||2 AA Batteries|
|Environmental Rating||Waterproof and weatherproof|
|Dimensions||317 x 107 x 107 / 12.5 x 4.2 x 4.2 (w/o eyecup, with controls, w/o mount adapter)|
|Weight||1.74 / 3.8 (with batteries)|
Questions on L3 Aquila 6x (AN/PVS-12) GEN3
Q: How will,this unit hold up on a 300 win mag
A: Hi Tom. This particular scope will do very well as Aquila is actually a mis-spec scope.